This is not a garden blog, but you might see an article concerning gardening. It is a blog about me and the cultivation of my life. This is a place where I air my opinions and ideas. There will be stories about what is happening or has happened. I like to write poems, some will be good and some will be bad. I am never bored, I hope you won't find what I write about boring. Thank you for sharing time with me.

Friday, January 24, 2014

PARTNERS FOR LIFE

June 8, 2011, Our wedding anniversary,
I wrote a blog about our beginning.
http://glosgarden.blogspot.com/2011/06/first-day-of-rest-of-our-lives.html
Our wedding day.  These are 4 of my 5 Siblings.  The youngest was asleep so not in the picture. 
 
Last week with the demise of my personal computer I found a document I didn't know was there.   We had a guru retrieve the files.  Thank goodness they weren't lost.  You see I am not very savvy with these machines and I have never learned how to back-up.  Since then I have been dumping and reorganizing files and found this document.  Evidently my husband was awake late at night and sat at the most convenient computer and typed his thoughts.  It seems it is another view of the blog I wrote.  I couldn't have said it better.  I to, Thank the angels for introducing us.
He must have written it on the occasion of our 40th wedding anniversary. 
We are to be married 51 years this June.
These are his thoughts:
 
Mud, water, stalactites and mites, glowing campfires among friends totally exhausted.

evenings with peers sitting with pencils and pens and paper and typewriters trying to organize something called Choteau Grotto.

Raft assembling parties, siphons and photographs within a Devil’s Icebox covered in mud through a carbide lights flickering hue.

Rappelling, folk singing, countless miles traveled together all to end in a case of toilet paper under a University Tower.

When Mr. Joe swept her off to the car after the wedding I would never have believed what this, our “Lady Jo” would do to me.

They both graduated in June, normally, while I lingered until the following January to quietly leave, with degree in hand to go look for a teaching position in mid-semester.

I ended up at the Museum of Science and Natural History of St. Louis and worked for almost a year seeing our two friends infrequently.  Then came September 1962.

Lady Jo wondered if I could bring my guitar to class and sing some folk songs.  On Monday the Museum was closed so I went to her High School.  I had prepared a program entitled  “Folk Singing as a means of communication through the years” and had a fun time all day in various English and Speech classes Jo taught. 

I received 5 nice thank you letters from young ladies that enjoyed my program and brought them to Jo.  She picked out one of the letters and said, “This girl you should meet.”

She was right.  Unerringly she had picked my soul mate.  That was forty years ago.

What do you say to a friend like this?

 Although we are apart, we are together.  Lady Jo, Wherever and whenever you are, you are very special to me.
 

 

For more blogs by me visit at:
 
http://gloriouscreations.blogspot.com
A blog mostly about quilting,
but cooking, poetry, prose and a little gardening,
A tutorial on how to make 5 panel Boxer Shorts.
Blog about dolls.
Quilt "BLOCK OF THE MONTH" BLOGS
 
I am hosting a mystery quilt for my guild.  Find the clues here:
New blogs about the vegetables we have been starting.
blogs about the wildflowers on our farm
Organic methods we use, some cooking and some poetry
Blogs about seed sprouting.
Tutorial on planting Strawberries.
 
As always, any pictures or writings are my own.
Credit has been given to contributions not my own.
Please do not use without permission.

 


1 comment: