This is not a garden blog, but you might see an article concerning gardening. It is a blog about me and the cultivation of my life. This is a place where I air my opinions and ideas. There will be stories about what is happening or has happened. I like to write poems, some will be good and some will be bad. I am never bored, I hope you won't find what I write about boring. Thank you for sharing time with me.

Monday, March 11, 2013

TOP CAT

 "BABY"
The following link is the beginning of his story: 
http://glosgarden.blogspot.com/2012/07/poetry-and-story-todays-happenings.html

He is laying on two of my "Shaggy quilts".
 If you want to make one yourself you find information at these blogs:

http://gloriouscreations.blogspot.com/2011/01/trash-to-treasure.html
http://gloriouscreations.blogspot.com/2010/12/raggy-or-shaggy.html
http://gloriouscreations.blogspot.com/2011/01/rag-quilting-for-little-ones.html
http://gloriouscreations.blogspot.com/2014/06/rags-to-riches.html


 I am no longer a skinny dude,
Into their lives I now intrude,
Each night I check out the bed,
A comfy place, round and round I tread.

I'm not neutered yet,
A reason, my owners' fret,
The litter box is my friend,
But using it I still offend.

I'm too scared to be kenneled up,
My litter they are vigilant to pick up,
I have heard them, they are going to try,
My family jewels, me to deprive.

He is an amazing cat.  One evening during the last snow storm I opened the door to take his food out to him and he waltzed right into the house.  In front of him were 5 "monsters", growling, hissing, raising their hair.  All he did was try to rub up against them, instant kayos.  I hurriedly picked him up.  Which inherited me 3 scratches on my chest because he thought he was going to fall.  I squeezed him tight to my chest and told hunny to open our bedroom door so I could put him in there to see how he'd do as a house cat.

Carrying him was a chore.  He is very strong and he is at least 15 lbs.  He has been in the house over a week now and doing very well.  We have tried the house cats one at a time in the room and there is only one so far that enjoys his company.  Her name is "Precious".

He has used his litter box from the very first. 
I am so pleased because his "Big Boy Potty" is really hard on the senses.


Saturday was a delightful 60+ degrees.  I sat on the deck with some of my quilting and opened the door to our bedroom.  I figured he might like to come out and if he didn't come back in the house it was going to be a mild night.  He would be fine, he had his house we had built him to stay in.  After about 20 minutes he finally peeked his head out.  A huge gust of wind happened and he turned around, shot under the bed.  It was evident he preferred this house arrangement to the great outdoors.

This cat was still wild and scratching on purpose the night he came in the door. 
He has not attempted to scratch or bite since then.

BABY STRETCHING, BEGGING FOR A TUMMY RUB

For more blogs by me visit at:

http://gloriouscreations.blogspot.com
A blog mostly about quilting, but cooking, poetry, prose and a little gardening,
A tutorial on how to make 5 panel Boxer Shorts.
Blog about dolls.
blogs about the wildflowers on our farm
Organic methods we use, some cooking and some poetry
Blogs about seed sprouting.
Tutorial on planting Strawberries.
As always, any pictures or writings are my own.
Credit has been given to contributions not my own.
Please do not use without permission.



2 comments:

  1. You are so fun Glo love to read your post I was scared of you when you called me once long ago.So sorry I was so werd your fan Kathy

    ReplyDelete