This is not a garden blog, but you might see an article concerning gardening. It is a blog about me and the cultivation of my life. This is a place where I air my opinions and ideas. There will be stories about what is happening or has happened. I like to write poems, some will be good and some will be bad. I am never bored, I hope you won't find what I write about boring. Thank you for sharing time with me.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A FIVE YEAR OLD'S ADVENTURE

I climbed ever so high,
Reached to touch the sky,
Imagined what it was like to fly,
Knowing you can't, wondering why.

A hole I started to dig,
An adventure, not crossing the street,
I can't understand the people I did meet,
Smiles they shared, when me, they did greet.

Their clothes are different, not like mine,
Some were fancy, dressed real fine,
Little coned hats, worn all the time,
When the hot sun did shine.

When back to my world I returned,
I found my mom much concerned,
My plans for adventuring she hadn't learned,
She scolded me, she was very firm.

Thinking they can fly and digging a hole to China is in the dreams of all five year olds.  Mom's everywhere end up scolding because the hole to China was always dug in a very inappropriate place.

No comments:

Post a Comment