This is not a garden blog, but you might see an article concerning gardening. It is a blog about me and the cultivation of my life. This is a place where I air my opinions and ideas. There will be stories about what is happening or has happened. I like to write poems, some will be good and some will be bad. I am never bored, I hope you won't find what I write about boring. Thank you for sharing time with me.

Friday, May 20, 2011

I'M HERE FOR MY SUPPER


Meet one of my neighbors who comes for lunch everyday.  In fact she is here for supper and midnight snack too.  She is perched on the large bird feeder I spoke of in

It is about 6 feet from my kitchen window.  When she comes up she sits there and looks in the window till she sees me at the sink.  I know it is supposed to be bad to feed the raccoons but we did it for self preservation.  The monsters were going down to the barn getting into everything.  Dumping out boxes, looking through everything.  When we started feeding them that stopped and they stopped raiding our garden.  We keep a live trap in the barn (it can be baited with stuff raccoons eat and the cats don't.)  If a raccoon gets in the trap, he is carted far out in the country.  So far we haven't had one find their way home.

They do serve another purpose, they will eat just about anything and will eat the things that are not compostable.  The garbage disposal lost it's job.

Ours do not like lettuce (they lick the dressing off the leaves).  Potato peelings and onions are not on their diet.  We feed them dog food as a basic and make sure they have plenty of water.  In the heat we put out several old roasters we have accumulated for this purpose.  They serve as Jacuzzis for them.  They lounge in them.  We have seen a mom who is overworked stay in a tub for over an hour, watching her kits play. 

We feed them to preserve our sanity, but it has turned into pleasureable venture.

Thank you for sharing a moment with me.

For more blogs by me:
New blog "Blue birds for kids"


New blog, tutorials on challah baking and cinnamon roll baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment