This is not a garden blog, but you might see an article concerning gardening. It is a blog about me and the cultivation of my life. This is a place where I air my opinions and ideas. There will be stories about what is happening or has happened. I like to write poems, some will be good and some will be bad. I am never bored, I hope you won't find what I write about boring. Thank you for sharing time with me.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

SPIRITS VIGIL

Keeping Kittens corralled for a picture is almost impossible.  There really are 4 kittens.  The other kitten who looks just like the one in the middle is chowing down on food.  Every time I put him up there he runs back to the food.  The kitten on the left is Dipper (his feet are just dipped in white).  The Kitten on the right is Digger (he can dig up the litter box with so much gusto you'd think a 10 pound cat was there).  The two kittens who are exact twins except for their sex haven't names yet because they look so much alike I don't know who is in my hand unless I flip them over, LOL
Spirit loves to mother her crew. 

Dipper and mom relaxing.  Notice her poor teats.  She lets them nurse, they are so sore.  I can't put anything on them because the babies would lick it.
A love bus for Dipper and then she makes him lay down again.

For never have been a mom and not their mother, she is doing a phenomenal job of caring for them (I know some humans who could take lessons from her). 

I went back in and tried to get more pictures. They were in go mode, there was no sitting for a "still" photo. 

I rescued 5 more kittens last week, they are about 3 weeks old.  I tried to introduce them to Spirit.  It was a very definite no.  She hissed at them like she was saying, "You're not mine".

Zeda and Zachary hanging a bluebird house

check out the challah and cinnamon roll tutorials this week

No comments:

Post a Comment