This is not a garden blog, but you might see an article concerning gardening. It is a blog about me and the cultivation of my life. This is a place where I air my opinions and ideas. There will be stories about what is happening or has happened. I like to write poems, some will be good and some will be bad. I am never bored, I hope you won't find what I write about boring. Thank you for sharing time with me.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

MY WORLD: MARCH 24, 2013



Like a Kodak moment years ago,
   Not enough light for colors to show,
Strange for this time of year,
We should have Daffodil blooms appear.
The Red Bud tree clothed in snow,
Wishing its blossoms it could show,
Knowing this happens each year,
It's ready to tell us spring is here.
 
Not today or even tomorrow,
It will sleep, much to our sorrow,
Keeping it's buds closed tight,
Resting quietly through the night.
From my window, in the tops of the trees,
The snow covering everything I see,
I contemplate, what will the deer eat,
Wondering if bark is a treat.
 
Looking East, down the hill,
Grand kids would love the sledding thrill,
Visibility is very poor,
Hardly see the barn next door.
With our view from the top,
Wondering when this snow will stop,
Trudging to the barn, snow to our knees,
Hats, double gloves, so we don't freeze.
 
The snow is still coming down.  In west St. Louis area we have 8 inches now.  It has inconvenienced  satellite TV watching.  The dish keeps getting covered.  I keep the broom handy.  Luckily ours isn't on the roof it is on the deck railing.  As you can see by the second picture we are eye level with the top of the electric pole. 
 
The trip up and down the hill to feed the cats, chickens and water our young plants is very arduous.  It is about a 45 degree and steeper slope.  It is a twice a day chore.  Needless to say I don't think my husband will be going to work in the morning.  This snow is to continue through midnight. 
 
Our bridge won't even have animal tracks on it.  The Russian Blue cat named baby has decided he likes being a house kitty.  He hasn't asked or even tried to go to the door.  I am glad he is nice and warm.            http://glosgarden.blogspot.com/2013/03/top-cat.html
 
The barn kitties have it good too.  Hunny said there were no tracks outside.  They have the nicest place to sleep. We left the grass bags on the mower after we vacuumed the last of the dried grass in the pasture.  We left the bags full.  We took off the pipe which goes from the mower to the bags.  They jump up into the hole and sleep in the grass.  For added insulation we covered the bagging attachment with an old carpet.
 
The only worry I have is our mama barn cat looked full in the abdomen the last week and has been real shy.  I think she is ready to gift us with some more kittens.
 
We have had light brief snows in the spring that melt off 3 hours later, nothing of any consequence.
This is very unusual for this area.  The last time I remember an unusual snow storm was May 6 1971 or 72...can't place the year but remember the day.
 
For more blogs by me visit at:

http://gloriouscreations.blogspot.com
A blog mostly about quilting, but cooking, poetry, prose and a little gardening,
A tutorial on how to make 5 panel Boxer Shorts.
Blog about dolls.
New blogs about the vegetables we have been starting.
blogs about the wildflowers on our farm
Organic methods we use, some cooking and some poetry
Blogs about seed sprouting.
Tutorial on planting Strawberries.
As always, any pictures or writings are my own.
Credit has been given to contributions not my own.
Please do not use without permission.


No comments:

Post a Comment