This is not a garden blog, but you might see an article concerning gardening. It is a blog about me and the cultivation of my life. This is a place where I air my opinions and ideas. There will be stories about what is happening or has happened. I like to write poems, some will be good and some will be bad. I am never bored, I hope you won't find what I write about boring. Thank you for sharing time with me.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

FORTY-EIGHT HOURS

48 HOURS AND COUNTING!

This is not a count down, we are counting up.  The kittens are now 72 hours old.  We have had them 48 hours.  Their schedule has been eat every 4 hours. There is no movement in the box until they are ready to eat.  Then it is squeal and squiggle time.  At 2:30 PM today that changed.  I heard scream not squeal coming from the box.  The large baby had extricated itself from under its covers and was hanging on the side of the box screaming.  I wondered what had awakened him from his leche' induced sleep.  The minute I picked him up from his perch he started searching for dinner.  I chastised him and told him he just ate he didn't need anymore.

He insisted, the others were squealing now wanting some.  I warmed up the milk and fed them all.  They ate like they were starved, sucking on the hub of the syringe like old pros.  If you wait too long past the feeding time they get too anxious to eat and don't suck properly.  They are too hungry and try to gobble the syringe.

As active as they seemed I figured it was a good time to weigh and picture them.  I just took terrible pictures of them.  they did not want to be away from each other.  They did not like being in the plastic bowl to be weighed.  I will excuse it by saying this is to document these kittens are real.  Not a "Fig newton" of my imagination.

INTRODUCING :
CHUMLEE WEIGHING IN AT 3.1 OUNCES
He's camera shy at this age.

LITTLE RICK AT 3.0 OUNCES
This is his tough guy look.

BIG RICK AT 3.06 OUNCES
 I know what I'm doing.

If you don't realize it, they are named after the stars of the TV show "Pawn stars".  They may not grow up to be boys but for right now they are our boys.  They are thriving and they don't show any signs of distress or depression.  They are still the sleep kings and will be for at least 10 more days.  The contest now is to see who can fall asleep the fastest after we finish dinner.

We will keep you posted on their progress.

Visit my other blogs:

About projects I create, including cooking, quilting, costume making, ect.
New entry is called "Creations" 
This is a garden blog, but it occasionally has recipes on it.
Three new entries about wild flowers on the farm.
One new entry about New baby chicks.
Thank you for sharing your time with me.


1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart for fostering the poor little things!!! That's a lot of work. SO sweet!!

    ReplyDelete