This is not a garden blog, but you might see an article concerning gardening. It is a blog about me and the cultivation of my life. This is a place where I air my opinions and ideas. There will be stories about what is happening or has happened. I like to write poems, some will be good and some will be bad. I am never bored, I hope you won't find what I write about boring. Thank you for sharing time with me.

Monday, April 18, 2011

KITTENS' FIRST FIVE DAYS

This is an update on the three Amigos.  Late night feedings, Ho Hum, I'm yawning through the day.  Can you spell sleep deprived?  The kittens have improved every feeding.  Last night at the 1 AM feeding things changed.  Little Rick didn't eat his 6 CC's and seemed lethargic.  There were no other symptoms.  At the 5 AM feeding there was no change.  His siblings gobbled theirs and he just barely downed three. 

I had to run to the Veterinarian to take another cat to have the stitches removed from his thigh and hock.  "Amigo" (Just happens to be that cat's name) had had an altercation with our Daddy cat "Mr. White Gloves. "   Even though Amigo is one of the shop cats which are spayed and neutered, "White Gloves" doesn't want them around.  I was headed there all ready I literally bagged up the kittens for the vet to look them over and see what was the matter with Little rick.  He said it was dehydration which I knew because he wasn't eating, but why?  He said as tiny as they were it could be anything.  He gave him sub-q lactated ringers and a Vitamin B shot.  He told me to do more sub-q hydration the rest of the day.  I have been home two hours and it doesn't look like there will be a corner turned the other direction. 

I have kept him warm.  He won't eat and he has developed a symptom he didn't have at the vets.  Evidently he is has pneumonia.  He is now having trouble getting air into his lungs.  I don't like to think about it but he will be gone before the end of the day.

Chumlee and Big Rick seem to be doing okay.  I mentioned in "Twenty Four Hours" raising a new born who has never been with their mom is very chancy. 

We are big supporters of the idea of spaying and nuetering, and just as big is DO NOT DUMP your pets.  This is Dawn another special friend who was a dumpee.  The sad thing is she doesn't know she is a Cat.  She thinks she is a dog.  She can't stand other cats but tolerates our dog.  She was living at the barn and one day she decided to take a walk up to our house.  She lives in the basement now.  We bring her up to share our bed at night. She is the sweetest girl except to other cats and then she is a tiger.

She is a small Cat only 6 lbs but she is all tyrant. See Dawns story at:
Yes, she is spayed now.

There are chapters about her kittens, Spirit and Winky.
Update on Winky;  Winky found a home within a month.  He went to live in the lap of luxury.  His owner won millions in the Missouri lottery. 


I will keep you posted on the kittens.

Thank you for stopping by.

You  can also visit me at:

About projects I create, including cooking, quilting, costume making, etc.
New article about "The Wedding Quilt" 
This is a garden blog, but it occasionally has recipes on it.
I have placed 4 new blogs this last week on it.  They are not about my garden.  They are about the yard surrounding my garden (which is mostly woods).  Also about our new baby pullets, which will be our fertilizer producers and will feed us.

No comments:

Post a Comment